Saturday, March 26, 2011

Forgive and Create


Some things that happen in life seem unforgivable. I use to struggle with the question of whether I had truly forgiven if I could still remember what happen. The words of Jesus say to forgive one another with no mention of forgetting. I found peace in this and yet I questioned weather I was pretending. Then one day I read the words of Eckhart Tolle, “You are not pretending anything. You are allowing it to be as it is, that is all. This "allowing to be" takes you beyond the mind with its resistance patterns that create the positive-negative polarities. It is an essential aspect of forgiveness. Forgiveness of the present is even more important than forgiveness of the past. If you forgive every moment, allow it to be as it is, then there will be no accumulation of resentment that needs to be forgiven at some later time.” I then remembered Jesus words, “Forgive seventy times seven” and I realized that forgiveness is a moment-to-moment thing.

Wayne Dyer says, “Forgiveness means changing your misperceptions. When we forgive another for anything that he or she may have done to us, we are really saying, ''I no longer give you the power to control who I am, how I think, and how I will behave in the future. I take responsibility for all of that now.''

When we live in our past hurts, we give over our own power to the story that no longer serves us. We remain stuck in the past and we miss the beauty of today that has the power to create. Who would you be without your story? My husband left me for another woman and now I hate men. My father never believed in me and so I never amounted to much. My sister insulted me and so I stopped going to family gatherings. Imagine your life without your story. Imagine taking your power back to create your own life, your own happiness, your own YOU!

Forgive and create the life YOU want.

1 comment:

  1. Sister this sounds very true thank u for ypu thoughts on the fogiveness issue we all need a lot more of that and then shall we see thy kingdom come thy will be done on earth as itit is in hevan amen brother r rare nccc church laconia n.h.

    ReplyDelete